Teams, by Microsoft, is one of the biggest internal communication channels. With that in mind, having notification integrations that can seamlessly send out either a mass blast or personalised communication has become the need of the hour.
And we're here for it.
Teams can be integrated in 2 ways, depending on your requirement:
- Teams Incoming Webhook
- Teams Bot App
To understand each the capabilities of each integration method, here is a handy list for you:
|Action||Teams Incoming Webhook||Teams Bot App|
|Able to message individual person||Yes||No|
|Able to message group chat||Yes||No|
|Able to message public channel||Yes||Yes|
|Able to message private channel||No||Yes|
|Able to send card message||Yes||Yes|
|Able to send welcome message||Yes||No|
|Able to retrieve Teams context||Yes||No|
|Require installation step on Teams||Yes||No|
|Require Azure resource||Azure Bot Service||No|
The integration process also varies, depending on the method. Let's have a look at this now.
- Navigate to Integrations and click on the "Providers" tab on the drop-down menu
- Find "Chat" and click on the "Teams" button.
- In the pop-up that appears, fill in:
- Custom name: Provide a name to help you identify the configured account in Fyno's portal.
- Incoming Webhook: Log into your Teams Account and :
- Find the channel you want to connect to. Click on the menu option next to it and click on "Connectors"
- In the pop-up that opens, find "Categories" and select All.
- In the list Find Incoming Webhook" and click on configure.
- In the new pop-up, fill in the name, provide a logo (optional) and click on create.
- This will create. a URL in the same pop-up. This can now be used in Fyno's integration page.
- Click on "Add Account" once done and you are all set!
If you would like to integrate a bot that you have already built or would like to create and integrate a new bot, we got you!
Reach out to us now at [email protected] and we will take care of the rest!
Teams (by Microsoft), by default, does not provide the status of the notification sent out. This is not a configurable feature as well.
As and when this becomes a supported feature, Fyno will integrate the same into the application.
In the meantime, for every Trace for Teams, the Delivery tab under Trace will not be seen.
Updated about 1 month ago