Before we get started, you will need to have 2-factor authentication activated on your Google Account. This can be done by simply navigating to Google's 2 Factor Authentication Guide
In case you do deactivate the 2-factor authentication, the passcode will be rendered inactive, in which case the same process will have to be repeated after re-activating 2 Factor Authentication.
- Navigate to Integrations and click on the "Providers" tab on the drop-down menu
- Find "Email" and click on the "Gmail" button.
- In the pop-up that appears, fill in:
- Custom name: Provide a name that would help you identify the configured account in Fyno's portal.
- Email: The email address from which the "From" line or email will be sent. This may be a personal or a work email ID with a non-Gmail domain.
- Passcode: The passcode token can be generated from Gmail by navigating to Google Account and under the "Security" tab. Find App Passwords under Signing into Google. On the page that loads, under Type select 'Other' and enter "Fyno" and click on Generate. Copy the code that appears in the pop-up.
- From Name: The name you want to be displayed in the from field to the recipient. This may be an individual or group name and is optional.
- Content type: You can choose either "Text/Plain" (no rich content in emails, simple plain text) or "Text/HTML" (Rich content including images, buttons and links will be supported) depending on the type of content you intend on pushing in the templates.
- Reply to: This is an optional field. You may enter an alternate email ID so that when the recipient clicks on "Reply", the email ID you have entered in the "Reply To" will be populated. This can be different from the "From" email ID
- Click on "Add Account" once done and you are all set!
Gmail has a limit on the number of emails that can be sent from personal and corporate email IDs.
Read more on the Gmail send limits now.
Gmail, by default, does not provide the status of the notification sent out. This is not a configurable feature as well.
As and when this becomes a supported feature, Fyno will integrate the same into the application.
In the meantime, for every Trace for Gmail, the Delivery tab under Trace will not be seen.
Updated about 1 month ago