Before we get started, you will need an active WhatsApp number as well as templates pre-configured in your Twilio account
- Navigate to Integrations and click on the "Providers" tab on the drop-down menu
- Find "WhatsApp" and click on the "Twilio" button.
- In the pop-up that appears, fill in:
- Custom name: Provide a name to help you identify the configured account in Fyno's portal.
- Account SID: In your Twilio Account, under the Account tab in the top right corner, find API Keys and Tokens. Make sure to use the live credentials
- Auth Token: In your Twilio Account, Under the Account tab on the top right corner, find API Keys and Tokens. Use the eye icon to display the Auth token. Make sure to use the live credentials.
- From Number: The registered WhatsApp number that you would like to use to initiate conversations.
- Click on "Test Integration" once done. If the account is successfully connected, you will see a success message.
Twilio, by default, provides the status of the message without any additional set-up needed.
Once the above integration is complete, the status of the notification, which will be shared by Twilio will be displayed in the logs, when you click on it, under the Delivery tab.
Updated about 1 month ago